On Thursday May 18th, The Art Institute of Philadelphia hosted an event held at The Kimmel Center. The talented team of experts discussed innovative business trends, ideas, and inspiration behind the Philadelphia fashion industry. The panel revealed the secrets of success to making it in the fashion industry, by utilizing the most cutting-edge social media technologies and professional practices. They also offered personalized career advice to those in attendance, by explaining the channels through which opportunities are currently available, and the development of new opportunities in the future.
- Kristin Detterline, Editor In Chief of Philadelphia Style Magazine
- Mary Dougherty, Owner of Nicole Miller Stores, Philadelphia
- Joan, of Joan Shepp Boutique
- Nigel Richards, Menswear Designer of 611 Lifestyle
- Toi Sweeny, of Toi Sweeny, Stylist and Brand Image Strategist
Moderated by: Karen Karuza , Fashion Designer Instructor, Art Institute of Philadelphia
Photo Credits: Hope Jidenma